General Information

Where the retro is authentic, Art’s Tavern remains one of the last true “Up North” corner hangouts. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 360 days a year from 7:00 a.m. - late.
Located at the corner of M-22 and Lake St. in the heart of Glen Arbor, and in operation in one form or another since 1934.

Art’s Tavern has been located at the corner of Lake Street and M22 is some form or another since before prohibition. Originally called the Blue Goose Saloon when run by Frank Sheridan, it was renamed by Frank’s son Art when he took over after his father’s accidental electrocution in 1934. Art saw the tavern through many good times until 1950 when an electrical fire burned the tavern down.

By the spring of 1951, the present structure rose from the ashes. After Art died in 1970, his wife Mary took charge until 1986 when she sold Art’s to the Wiesens.
Long-time Wiesen employee Tim Barr was shipped over to Glen Arbor from Empire to manage the installation of the grill and heating and cooling system and the changes these updates would bring.

In July 2000, Tim bought the operation and wisely retained the name Art’s.

6487 Western Ave
Glen Arbor, MI 49636

231-334-3754

www.artsglenarbor.com

Dining and Entertainment

Javascript is required to view this map.

Keywords Authentically Arts, BURGER MONDAYS, ARTS WEAR, ARTS GOODS, GIFT CERTIFICATES, Glen Arbors, GOODS GIFT, WEAR ARTS, APRIL artsglenarborcom, Gathering Place, Arbors Original, Original Gathering, RETURN NOV, MONDAYS RETURN, Spruce Things
QR Code
     Online Size         Print Size
Loading ...

Share